Sunday, August 5, 2007

Out and About in Beijing

I've attached random pictures that I have taken of Beijing. Some are pieces of artwork from the 798 Art district, others are of Chaoyang District where I live now. Three of the images are of Wanfujing (the first ones)- a wide road where no cars can go by and you just walk and shop. Next to it there is a small eating area where I saw they sell starfish and spider-looking things on a stick that you can eat... yummy. When I feel the urge to have diarrhea I'll try it, but for now, I'd rather be safe. One day I wanted to go to the Forbidden City because the weather was beautiful. As soon as I got off the metro and walked around Tian'anmen Square that was about it for me. The weather was too hot. I'm going to wait until the weather cools off to visit the Forbidden City. That day I walked around the Square and the Forbidden City. There is another picture of the National Musuem in Beijing. One Saturday I went to see the exhibition called "From Tiziano to Goya." The Musuem had a special exhibition on Spanish artists that was very beautiful. This is the year of Spain in China so throughout the country there will be special Spanish-related exhibitions taking place.










1 comment:

Lily said...

Hi Andrea, Joost sent me your blog. It looks like and sounds like you are having an amazing experience. I'm so happy you are taking advantage of this great opportunity! The Great Wall of China looks so cool. i can't wait to go! Are things changing a lot due to Olympic preparations?